Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Making of Talking Hands


Talking Hands is a game that is played without talking. Hence I've decided to shoot a film about it in the style of Silent Movies. I though it would aptly communicate the project and the slapstick elements would add a bit of humour too.
I drew a rough story board first, about two kids fighting over a doll in the back of a car. Mum and dad looking angry. Than mum gets out Talking Hands (my game) and hands it to the girls, who cheer up immediately. While they're happily playing in silence, mum and dad look blissful. - The next scene is where the little boy is making lots of noise with his toy. Dad is trying to read the paper. Than he gets out The Game and plays with the kid quietly, both looking very happy. - The third scene is a little flirting between a girl and a boy in a pub. This was mostly improvised on 'set' at the Hobgoblin pub.
My long suffering flatmates, friend's and family all helped out. They were better than any pro at acting and I am truly very grateful for all their time, effort and most of all, good humour! - Even the weather worked out perfectly. It rained during shooting the car scene emphasizing the long miserable Sunday drive, but when we shot at the pub, the sun bright and the beer was cold and it all contributed to the fun atmosphere the scene required.
Editing isn't as much fun though...Luckily I managed to find the right music (royalty free) at www.incompetech.com and an other friend who is a pro sound designer helped me a out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home