Thursday, December 01, 2005

Finding the path


So far of what I could see all good design made connections. See the "light-watch" thing (previous entry) The problem: world time zones - Create a handy tool; Take the idea of an ancient sundial combine it with a wristwatch and a touch of contemporary design aesthetic and voila. Lovely! So what I was looking for is the Missing IngredienT. The "MIT" (and invented a new terminology for it instead :o) it is far simpler than say "je ne sais quoi" For this we managed to find a new route. Basically take the fact that the entire world suffers from a kind of "autism" ie;lack of cooperation and some severe lack of awareness of eachother's needs. A usefull intervetion could be found in Mother Nature. Matilda said to look up "Biomimicry" Splendid. My scuba diving past might also come in handy 'cause I do know a bit about marinelife and it's symbiotic relationships. So my MIT is there somewhere.
Matilda recommends reading Biomimicry : innovation inspired by nature / Janine M. Benyus Sadly there are only two copies in the library and little hope of getting one soon. Amazon however has it used for over £18! (...must be very good) "Santa please can I please have it for Christmas?!"
So it's all good so far. Remember Morphius in Matrix said "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." I say "First you gotta find the path." I think we may have found it today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home